As Reporting Specialist at Hotel Archer Capital you will work in an international and growing environment. The team is being built in the newly created office in Amsterdam, which means it is an exciting period. Archer Hotel Capital B.V. is a specialist in European Hotel Investments and owns one of the best quality, high end hotel portfolios in Europe.
Because this is a newly created team, you’re the second financial within the Amsterdam department. This means that you will work closely with the Finance Manager and you’re responsible for the preparation of the financial reporting. You’re expected to add value and pro-actively get involved with a great variety of projects (e.g. the implementation of a new accounting system for financial reporting and business intelligence).
The Reporting Specialist is an important stakeholder for the asset management team and the external accountants. You will work closely with the colleagues across all divisions and the London Office. You’re also responsible for the monthly and quarterly reporting preparation, including IFRS journals and the accounting of the holding companies.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years of working experience as an auditor in an accounting firm or a background in accounting and consolidation. Of course you will bring the right drive, energy and ambition to build a successful organization.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Assistance with design, set-up and implementation of new accounting systems for financial reporting and business Intelligence;
- Assistance with the design, documentation and implementation of internal controls and processes;
- Coordination processes and reporting for the hotel and external accounting providers;
- Preparation of group level accounting adjustments;
- The preparation of quarterly tax calculations and provision of information for local tax compliance in the Netherlands;
- Input in ad-hoc projects as the Finance department matures;
- Preparing consolidated results and the accounting of the holding companies;
- Provide relevant financial information to the capital expenditures team;
- Reconciliation of Capital Expenditure plans to statutory books and records;
- Work with the Investment Management to ensure that debt compliance reporting to lenders is performed on time and in compliance with loan agreements;
- Provide assistance to the Investment team with potential accounting and reporting requirements and any acquisitions and disposals as required.
Education and skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance;
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS is essential;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an accountant;
- Strong computer skills with systems and controls background is an advantage;
- Experience in Dutch CIT and VAT is desirable;
- Highly proficient English, spoken and written, knowledge of other European languages is a plus;
- Strong team player and passionate to provide assistance where needed;
- Excellent communication skills and social skills;
- Projected confidence, enthusiasm and energy;
- Valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Archer Hotel Capital
Archer Hotel Capital B.V. (“Archer”) is a specialist European hotel investment vehicle jointly owned by affiliates of APG Asset Management and GIC. Archer was established in December 2018 and owns one of the best quality hotel portfolios in Europe comprising 11 hotels with a gross asset value of circa €2bn and revenues of nearly €400m.
Archer is focused on acquiring institutional quality assets of scale in gateway cities across Europe and has equity commitments and a mandate to expand the existing portfolio. The company is competitively positioned in the European hotel investment market, with its specialist team, long-term horizon and high-quality capital sources allowing it to unlock complex investment and value enhancement opportunities.
Archer invests predominantly in operating assets but is also interested in repositioning opportunities. The company has strong relationships with the leading international brands but is also open to working with smaller, entrepreneurial operators who can demonstrate a unique selling point and sustainable competitive advantage.
For additional information regarding this position please contact Laurie Vaneker via Laurie.Vaneker@GreenbergNielsen.nl 06 24 13 28 78