This Junior Controller position reports directly to the Finance Director EU (FDE) and is based at Tritium EU Head Quarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Junior Controller will work closely with Tritium colleagues in Europe, USA and Australia to achieve Finance Objectives.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the FDE with the general ledger maintenance of the European operations of the Group, ensuring compliance with both internal policies and external reporting standards.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely processing of intergroup transactions.
- Preparation of month end closing and assist the FDE with Management & Group reporting (including conversion from local GAAP to IFRS), adhering to strict reporting deadlines set by Group.
- Supporting the FDE in the preparation of monthly cost center reporting for each Department Director to assist them in accurately measuring the performance of their department.
- Being responsible for preparing monthly and year-end balance sheet reconciliations and maintaining all relevant supporting schedules.
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register.
- Preparation of statutory filings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis (including ESL, VAT, CBS reporting).
- Ensuring the accurate and timely processing of Customer invoicing and revenue recognition, in line with local reporting standards (Order-to-Pay), acting as the link between Finance and Business Development.
- Assisting with the timely collection of accounts receivable within the agreed timelines.
- Providing accounts payable ledger maintenance support and payment processing to ensure that Supplier invoices are processed accurately, in a timely manner and payments are made in line with the terms agreed with Suppliers (Procure-to-Pay).
- Timely and accurate data entry and processing of inventory transactions on a weekly basis.
- Ensuring that inventory controls are adhered to and functioning properly in line with Group policies and guidelines, with monthly reporting on the functioning of the controls to the FDE.
- Providing administrative support to the FDE with payroll related matters from time to time.
- Assisting with periodical stock takes.
- Assisting with the annual audit process.
- Preferably a Qualified Accountant (RA, CA, CPA)
- At least three years post qualification commercial experience in a manufacturing or similar multinational environment
- Experience of owning the full “end-to-end” finance function
- Excellent command of English, good command of the Dutch language (in writing and in word)
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced start-up or scale-up environment would be highly valued.
In the interest of personal safety, all employees have an obligation to:
- Comply with all safe work practices, rules, procedures and instructions with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others, damage to plant or equipment and environmental pollution.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where required.
- Comply with any reasonable direction given by Management for environmental, health and safety.
- Not misuse or interfere with any environmental or health and safety equipment provided.
- Report all near misses, accidents and incidents on the job immediately.
- Report all known or observed hazards to their Supervisor or Manager immediately
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at Rick.email@example.com or at 06 24 87 54 57.