As Junior Financial Controller within Sonos, you are working at a fast-paced and dynamic tech-minded organization. Sonos is constantly developing new products and experiencing rapid growth. In this position, you report directly to the manager Accounting and Reporting.
As Junior Financial Controller at Sonos, you have the chance to cooperate on several global and EMEA projects. For example, you can play a major role in the implementation of a new ERP system (SAP), contribute to the company’s SOX compliance or take the lead in accounting- and process improvement projects. Furthermore, you will focus on the accounting for Sonos EMEA entities, as well as the preparation of the P&L and the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
The right person will have the experience, passion, and energy to successfully fulfill a wide variety of accounting and analyzing responsibilities. The ideal candidate for Sonos is someone who brings a unique perspective to the table and transparency tops your list of values, so you’re not like everyone else. Besides this, you enjoy a challenge and you are unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. Last but not least, you love to listen. You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand and you’re culturally connected.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as sparringpartner for internal and external partners (e.g. FP&A; marketing or external accountants);
- Own and drive monthly close activities for multiple areas/companies (US GAAP and local GAAP);
- Enter monthly accounting journals, reconcile ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions;
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and P&L (using Blackline as tool) and effectively execute processes that are SOX compliant;
- Actively participate and bring value to cross functional meetings intended to improve or automate accounting and control processes;
- Compile and analyze data and prepare a variety of reports for internal, audit and external reporting.
Education and Personal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Economics;
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 3 – 5 years of related experience in an international company, including experience with accounting systems;
- Experience with General Ledger and US GAAP accounting and familiar with major European countries taxes;
- Strong computer skills and experience with SAP;
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills in English. Dutch, French and/or German is a plus;
- Strong organizational and communicational skills.
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system they created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today, Sonos remains focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Karen de Geus at 06 34 22 97 82 or Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org.