As Plant and Supply Chain Controller you will serve as the main link between the different sources of information and the relevant business partners, providing them with a rigorous, analytical financial statement review performed at each business/country level. Continuous improvement of financial reporting processes that support the business decisions will be essential in the role.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to those candidates who are looking not only to solidify their controlling skills, but also to prepare themselves for the next career step into more senior finance opportunities. This role reports directly into the Finance Manager of the group and sits on a team of 7 professionals in total. This team is part of a larger Finance team existing of more than 70 finance professionals, working from the Finance hub in the Schiphol location, covering all of the EMEA region.
The ideal candidate has a master degree in Finance/Accounting and 3+ years of experience in an international environment. You are a strong personality who is not afraid to take the lead and are able to understand the key business drivers.
- Responsible for the local plant and supply chain budgeting and monitoring process, including cost control process of operations and supply chain expenses;
- Consult with Plant and Supply Chain managers to understand the local business challenges and strategies;
- Review and control the yield calculation and report differences in joint collaboration with opera-tions. Identify and follow up with several functions on improvement areas;
- Assess the current month-end process on efficiency and timeliness regarding business reporting. Ensure that key financial policies and other procedures are followed to support a strong system of controls;
- Control all deliveries and receipt of raw materials in to the plant. Track the flow of goods and communicate the outcomes of the production process to relevant partners;
- Review balance sheet accounts prepared by CBS for inventory and fixed assets accounts. Review stocks and make sure physical stock confirmations are in line with accounting and calculated stocks;
- Partner with other Finance and Data & Technology teams to match the business requirement with advanced analytic tools.
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting with 3-5 years accounting experience;
- Confirmed ability to understand key business drivers and how to translate these into meaningful reporting;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience in Plant, Operations Control and shown experience with local and US GAAP reporting is a pre;
- Understanding and experience working with JDE or SAP and validated experience with new BI tools such as Power BI;
- Shown ability to operate in a culture of continuous improvement, process optimization, and intel-lectual curiosity;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Skilled at using financial and business systems to monitor business activities and aid in decision making;
- Ability to travel up to 10%;
- Proficient in Dutch and English.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, Cargill helps people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. Cargill has 160,000 employees in 70 countries/regions who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. This is a place to build your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the world!
For additional information regarding this role please contact Jeroen de Greeff at Jeroendegreeff@greenbergnielsen.nl or at 06 34, 22 97 99.