Something exciting is coming to Amsterdam Zuid-As as Catella Residential Investment has recently established a new Pan-European real estate fund. The Fund is now equal to €150 million and will grow towards €1 billion in the coming years. Hence, you will be responsible for setting up the full finance and reporting structure from scratch. As a Fund Controller at Catella Residential Investment Management (CRIM) you will work in an ambitious and fast-growing environment. As a subsidiary of Swedish Catella AB in Stockholm, CRIM is an international and dynamic organisation. As Fund Controller you will be part of the management team of Catella European Residential Fund III (CER III), which is a Luxembourg based investment fund, providing institutional investors with access to Catella’s flagship pan-European residential investment platform.
As Fund Controller you are working close with the CRIM Finance Director and Fund Manager. Together with your colleagues in Berlin and Luxembourg you will determine the strategy and take the fund to a higher level. This position requires flexibility as you will work 2 days per week in Berlin or Luxembourg.
In this position you will work closely with the acquisition department on deal structuring to maximize profitability and operational efficiency. With your professional impact the Fund is targeting at €1bn in investments and focusing on markets in Western-Europe. The current investments have been in Denmark, Germany and The Netherlands. Your strategic expertise will help CRIM to invest in, and manage a core diversified portfolio of affordable and modern residential assets, providing the Fund with a stable cash flow and long-term value growth. In this position Catella will give you the freedom you need to give your personal touch to the investment strategy.
The ideal candidate has a master degree in finance/accounting and at least 8 years experience in finance preferably controlling experience. You are motivated, pro-active and you have affinity with the real estate industry different fair value measurements (Dutch GAAP, IFRS).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Set-up and build a future proof finance and reporting structure
- Part of the Catella European Residential Fund III (CER III) Management team
- Set up accounting, consolidation and reporting processes with local regulations and fund documentation, investor reporting, annual statutoryaccounts, cash flow forecasting and investor requests;
- Support fund manager with performance analysis and reporting;
- Perform fund analysis and reporting together with the fund manager;
- Manage relationships with stakeholders;
- Maximize the profitability and operational efficiency;
- Manage the cashflow of the CER III, ensuring that adequate funds are available for transactions and that surplus funds are repaid to the investors;
- Support Acquisition and Asset management on transactions (structuring, DD, financing, SPA);
- Review price offers on deals;
- Coordinate tax planning with external advisors;
- Constantly invest in improving financial processes
Education and Skills
- Master degree in finance or accounting;
- Post Master education (RA, CPA) is considered a plus;
- Minimum of 8 years of Finance experience;
- Experience with value measurements (Dutch GAAP, IFRS);
- Affinitywithin Real Estate;
- Strong analytical skills and well-developed critical attitude;
- Fluent English language skills, Dutch/German is a big plus;
- Accurate, independent, proactive and motivated;
- Good knowledge of Excel;
Catella is a leading specialist in property investment management in Europe. We offer institutional and other professional investors attractive, risk-adjusted return via regulated property funds, asset management and project management in early-phase development projects.
As a leading independent fund manager in the Nordics, Catella offers actively managed Mutual Funds with a Nordic investment focus to private and institutional investors. Catella also offers Systematic Funds with low correlation to other asset classes and high risk-adjusted return to institutional investors.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at 06 24 87 54 57 or Rick.email@example.com.