Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation of engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transport. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long-term strategies and the notion that, in this highly specialized and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet.
Jumbo is a family owned company, with the Head Office located in Schiedam, with committed people with a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners looking for the best solution. Jumbo is and strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders; we have developed our own Stay Well program to secure our leading position.
Jumbo’s Finance & Control department is responsible for the financial administration and monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting. The order book of Jumbo Offshore is growing and becoming increasingly complex. Therefore Jumbo seeks a Senior Project Controller.
You will be an addition to the international team of 7 and manage the financial accounts of the assigned project(s) and support the Project Manager as the financial business partner. You will work under the direction of the Manager Finance & Control.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Know the project and contract inside out;
- Monitor and guard the projects cash flow, budget development and signal deviations;
- Help and, if needed, challenge project management to maintain a clear, fact based view on the financial health of a project;
- Dig out Lessons Learned from previous projects;
- Be involved in all big decisions (e.g. large subcontracts) to review financial impact up front, providing insight and aiding the decision making process in changes and variations in projects;
- Provide feedback and input to Commerce / Tenders;
- Recognize opportunities and risks within the project and quantify those.
- Bsc or Msc degree in Business Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy or similar;
- At least 5-7 years of relevant work experience as a Project Controller, preferably in an international (maritime) environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in both Dutch and English;
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Proactive – thinks about processes, able to suggest and make improvements;
- Accurate – has an eye for detail;
- Team player – you can operate on your own and as member of a team;
- Efficient – makes good, thorough and careful use of time.
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo’s sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
- The opportunity to work from home;
- A solid pension package;
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Marcel Eldering at +31 (0) 6 22 55 58 50 of email@example.com