Centrient Pharmaceuticals is the leading manufacturer of beta-lactam antibiotics, and a provider of next generation statins and anti-fungals. We produce and sell intermediates, active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished dosage forms.
We stand proudly at the centre of modern healthcare, as a maker of essential and life-saving medicines.
With our commitment to Quality, Reliability and Sustainability at the heart of everything we do, our over 2200 employees work continuously to meet our customers’ needs. We work towards a sustainable future by actively participating in the fight against antimicrobial resistance.
Founded 150 years ago as the ‘Nederlandsche Gist- en Spiritusfabriek’, our company was known as Gist Brocades and more recently DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Rotterdam (Netherlands), we have production facilities and sales offices in China, India, the Netherlands, Spain and Mexico. Centrient Pharmaceuticals is wholly owned by Bain Capital Private Equity, a leading global private investment firm.
The Finance department has a vacancy in its Delft offices, for the following position:
Assist and support the Site Director Centrient Delft and Tech Ops Finance Director in executing the Finance and Control policies and requirements and in managing, monitoring and controlling the financial and accounting processes of the Production plants in Delft and the Global Science & Technology (S&T) function. The function has a strong focus on business control, but an aspect of financial control is included (<30%). For the financial control strong link with regional finance director needs to be established.
The main activities and responsibilities
- Annual budget process, quarterly forecast, and monitoring of monthly actuals of the overhead costs;
- Regular meetings with budget holders to discuss both operational as capital expenditure;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports and forecasts;
- Assure statutory books are compliant
- Assist the Tech Ops finance director with overall reporting & forecasting responsibilities;
- Monitor and control the S&T performance globally;
- Participate in financial and/or multi-disciplinary projects;
- Participate in the Management Team of Centrient Delft
- Align with stakeholders to support decision making;
- Ad hoc requests.
The Ideal Candidate
You are result oriented, accurate, entrepreneurial, business oriented, persuasive, a team player, independent, and have good judgment.
- Academic background in business economics;
- Postdoctoral ‘registered controller’ or equivalent is an advantage;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in controlling roles;
- Experience in control in a production environment
- Ability to combine helicopter view with a keen eye for detail;
- Business acumen;
- High personal impact (strong presentation skills, effective communication);
- A proactive and can-do mentality with strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a number of intercultural teams;
- Ability to work in a complex organization;
- Ability to set clear priorities;
- Advanced knowledge of/experience with MS Excel/Powerpoint
- Fluent in English verbally as well as in writing.
Terms and reward
We offer a local contract in a challenging, comprehensive and operational environment, with many opportunities for personal input and plenty of discussions with other professionals. The organization is very flat. You have a lot of freedom and responsibility in an open, direct and informal atmosphere.
We offer a competitive remuneration package with good secondary labor conditions.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Marcel Eldering at 06 22 55 58 50 or email@example.com