As one of the three Team Leads Group Accounting you report to the Manager Group Accounting. Within the department Group Accounting, you will ensure accurate, timely and complete financial administration of the (mainly Dutch) holding entities of TMF Group.
- Manage the accountants in the Group Accounting team, coach and develop a high-quality team and develop team members into strong, process minded professionals (your team is approximately 8 FTE);
- Responsible for Accounting activities including upkeep of general ledgers, subledgers, bank reconciliations, accurate cost accounting, monthly closing, financial reporting activities and financial analysis;
- Taking care of a smooth audit of the holding entities and supporting the financial audit of the group financial statements;
- Relentless monitoring of compliance with, improving and driving efficiency of financial processes and controls;
- More specific:
- Monthly timely and accurate reporting for the various TMF Group (top) holding companies, and a few foreign TMF greenfield companies;
- Timely and accurate statutory reporting (such as VAT reporting and several Dutch Central Bank and Chamber of Commerce filings);
- Proactively identify and preempt issues or unexpected events
- And: Perform other duties as requested by the manager where needed in the department (typically group improvement projects / integration);
Education and Skills
- Bachelor/HBO/University Level Education in Finance/ Accounting or similar
- 5-10 years of relevant working experience
- Strong working experience with financial accounting; reporting and preparation of financial information (IFRS);
- Lean/Six Sigma/Kaizen exposure or equivalent desired
- Strong communicator. The person will be in contact with different levels of staff including heads of departments;
- Strong professional who copes well with organizational change and maintains a positive contribution under stress and pressure;
- Thorough, knows the details, organized and has an eye for details;
- Can work with time pressure and flexibility in terms of overtime is necessary at times;
- Hands on, proficient with numbers, analytical;
- Team player, able to work with different characters, nationalities and educational levels;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (Dutch a benefit);
- Strong Excel knowledge;
- Experience with DAX (ERP) a benefit
- Experience in an international environment
Working at TMF Group offers:
- Excellent working conditions: good work- life balance, salary indication above market level
- Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex issues. We expect you to be a life-long learner and TMF will support this with training.
- Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
- Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important, valued and lived daily.
- Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.
For additional information regarding this position please contact Rick Westland at Rick.Westland@greenbergnielsen.nl or 06 24 87 54 57.